Tuesday, January 29, 2013

His World

As we were driving on an overpass(I know, we spend a lot of time in the car-but strangely enough, a lot of epiphanies happen there), my 3 year old daughter looked out over the city and said,"Mommy, look at all of the world that God made!" This made me smile, as I take these scenes for granted and don't really think much about them. "I see!  Isn't it beautiful?"I asked. "Mommy, can we see all of the world?"she prodded.  My response was,"You may see a lot of the world, but I don't know about all of it."

 I hope that she does see a lot of the world! I hope that she takes the world by the horns and does some wonderful things.

I believe that she will.  And if I tell her that, then she will believe that she will! She is a wildly wonderful free spirit...and that is exactly what we prayed for!

Although we didn't pray for that with the next two--we weren't quite sure what we were getting into with that prayer.

But at 3, the world is at your command. And she feels that it is. It made me reflect on where she came from, and think more about where she is going. 

Our daughter did not come from a horrible place, but my hope is that we may be able to give her many opportunities that she may not have been able to have. Everyone wants the best for their children.  But I think about things with the first two that I don't think about with our other son. Quite often, Nick and I think about where our first two babies would be had they not been given to us.  I am sure that they would be taken care of, and hopefully loved, but their lives would inevitably be remarkably different. 

I don't want anyone to take this post wrong.  I have the absolute utmost respect for their birthmothers!  But the facts are just that they were not in ideal situations.  And that is why they made the life changing decision that they did.

I hope for our children that they will be able to grow and thrive, and attack wonderful opportunities with our 100% support.  But honestly, my greatest hope for them all is that they realize their purpose and place in this world through the love of Jesus...that they always marvel at the "world that God made."

Because that is what would truly make me feel like a most successful parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment