Thursday, January 24, 2013

No Condemnation

Obviously, I feel strongly about adoption because two pieces of my heart were brought to me that way.  But I still have compassion for women who make a choice to not carry out their pregnancy. I know what it is like to be in a place where you feel hopeless and trapped-- I felt that way during infertility. I became a person I didn't even recognize. Being in a situation where you feel you have no control-- your life is turned completely upside down. I have deep compassion for anyone struggling with disappointment, hurt, despair, and fear. But I also know that God can bring good things out of seemingly bad ones.  He can turn our lives right side up again.

I can tell you that there are no greater angels than my children's birthmothers.

That being said, I wish that everyone faced with pregnancy would carry it out. But I realize that there are circumstances and situations beyond everyone's control. I found some interesting statistics regarding adoption and abortion.

The first is the number of infertile women in the US:
Number of married women ages 15-44 that are infertile (unable to get pregnant for at least 12 consecutive months): 1.5 million (CDC)

The next is the number of abortions in the US:

The Alan Guttmacher Institute (a special affiliate to Planned Parenthood), which actively collects the abortion data directly from providers. All numbers reported are voluntary; there are no laws requiring abortionists to report to any national agency the numbers of abortions they perform. 2009-2011 are estimates of 1,212,400 annually.

This is crazy to me!  1.5 million infertile women and 1.2 million abortions.

In a perfect world, these would match up. The women wanting a baby could meet the mothers unable to take care of one. But we don't live in Utopia. I realize that every infertile woman cannot find it in her to adopt a child that is not of her womb. And I realize that every woman who becomes pregnant cannot carry out that pregnancy.

But it's such a beautiful thing when those infertile women come together with the women who are unable to keep their child! I hope it happens more and more.

If you know of anyone considering adopting, or giving their child up for adoption, I would be glad to help in any way that I can!

Remember, God has this.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment